What you need to know about dyspareunia:
1. Dyspareunia is a persistent or recurrent pain that can happen during sexual intercourse.
2. Causes vary widely.
3. It can lead to distress and relationship problems.
The pain may be burning, sharp (tearing), cramping with intercourse. It may be felt in the vaginal opening area or deep within pelvis with intercourse.
Common causes: (The cause, once identified, is treated)
1. Childbirth (post-partum),
2. Urinary tract infection (recurrent)
3. Vaginal infections
4. Injury to pelvic area
5. Age related (menopause)
6. Emotional related
Specific treatment depends on the cause should be implemented.
Psychological therapies, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) may benefit some women.
Pelvic muscle relaxation exercises, biofeedback therapies, can help some women who have tight pelvic muscles learn to consciously relax them.
Platelet Rich Plasma, “O-Shot” is an in-office treatment that is safe, effective, non-surgical, and non-hormonal option for women having stress incontinence, overactive bladder, lack of lubrication, and sexual dysfunction, such as lack of libido, arousal or dyspareunia.
Interview from a client …
“I had been researching different options in a desperate attempt to “cure” my recent lack of sex drive and dryness during intercourse. Since the birth of my child – by Caesarian section – my sex life hadn’t been the same.
What were your symptoms?
I’d have pain during intercourse because I had no natural lubrication and would hardly ever orgasm.
How bad were your symptoms?
It had gotten to the point where it started taking a toll on my relationship because I no longer wanted to have sex – it was too painful.
Follow up interview after one treatment of Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment (O-shot):
Did your symptoms go away completely?
Yes. It has definitely made my G-spot more sensitive, making orgasms great and no more pain at all.
How painful was it?
I had a very slight burning sensation during the procedure, but no pain once it was done.”
1. Facts about Dyspareunia Jayne Leonard, Univeristy of Illinois Chicago, School of Medicine. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/192590.php
2. A Pilot Study of the Effect of Localized Injections of Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for the Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction. Charles Runels*, Hugh Melnick, Ernest Debourbon and Lisbeth Roy, J Women’s Health Care 3:169. doi:10.4172/2167-0420.1000169
3. O-Shot: Platelets Rich Plasma in Intimate Female Treatment, Department of Aesthetic Vaginal Surgery, Centro Clínico Mãe de Deus, Brazil, Neto, J Women’s Health Care 2017, 6:5 DOI: 10.4172/2167-0420.1000395